ABOUT The Sam Houston, Curio Collection by Hilton
A boutique hotel in the historic heart of the city.
Our doors first opened in 1924, when Prairie Street was covered in railroad tracks leading to Union Station, making The Sam the oldest operating hotel in the city. Today, we are just minutes from some of Houston’s biggest attractions and conveniently located in downtown. From vintage-inspired décor to a warm welcome at the front door, you’ll find The Sam a beautiful venue rich with Texas history.
- Open-air climate-controlled Veranda Ballroom
- Wedding and event planning services
- Day-of assistance
- On-site catering and banquet services
- Custom wedding and event packages available
EVENTS Weddings | Corporate | Special Events
Wedding & Special Event Services
- All day set up
- Access to preferred vendor list and exclusive discounts
- Cake cutting service
- Honeymoon suite
Corporate & Meeting Services
- Flexible meeting space ideal for small meetings and gatherings
- Extensive A/V equipment and high-speed internet
- Located nearby Houston’s Theater District, convention centers, and courthouses
VENUES Total Event Space 3,100+ square feet
Beautiful open-air climate-controlled venue with exposed brick and natural ivy for a formal ceremony and reception.
Accommodates up to 180 guests
Comfortable conference room available for small meetings, war rooms, strategy sessions, rehearsals or dressing areas.
Accommodates up to 20 guests
Cozy conference room available for board meetings, rehearsals or dressing areas.
Accommodates up to 10 guests
– Amy S.
– Sara S.
– Candace G.